Monday 17 April 2017

adventure # 11: Jesus knows your birthday

Hello dear friends and fellow adventurers

Today is my birthday and I'm up before dawn to catch a super-early flight to Johannesburg to go and join my husband who is currently ministering up there.  For once, if the weather reports are anything to go by, its cooler in Johannesburg than Cape Town so I'm decked out in a knit dress and boots. Autumn is here and I couldn't be happier. I'm so happy in fact that I'm busy putting together a short video series called Winterise that's designed to help us prep for winter in a way that's fun, chic and meaningful. I'll let you know when its ready for viewing.

I decided to craft this week's adventure around birthdays because not only is today my birthday but birthdays feature quite a lot in my book, Brighter Than The Noonday Sun. I got my first Bible for my 8th birthday because of a suggestion from the Lord; my first real rebellion against God was incited by the prospect of my 10th birthday and I experienced a mind-blowing translocation, coupled with a Heavenly visit, just before my 21st birthday. I'd never really thought very deeply about all those 'birthday' incidents before..but as I prepared for this week's adventure the Lord opened my mind and spirit to comprehend something of what it means that Heaven knows when my birthday is..and Heaven knows when your birthday is too.


It's actually deeply significant and I think this is going to be a fascinating adventure. Here are my suggestions for how we can explore this topic further during the rest of the week.

Monday

Watch the video. Here it is for your convenience. 


Tuesday

Re-read the chapters in my book that relate to birthdays. They are Chapters 7, 8 and Chapter 17. 

Wednesday

When is your birthday? Spend some time today with the Lord contemplating the fact that He knows when your birthday is. Allow Him to speak to you about that. Really allow Him time to minister to you and explain more to you. I would think that journaling would be a helpful method to use to explore this with the Lord. 

Thursday

Below is a very good exposition of the interaction that occurs between Heaven and Earth. Have a read and let me know what you think. Anything there you don't agree with?


Friday

Enjoy this song and allow it to minister to you. 



Saturday

Spend some time today meditating upon the Scripture below. 

Psalm 139:1-6
Yahweh, you have searched me, and you know me. 2 You know my sitting down and my rising up. You perceive my thoughts from afar. 3 You search out my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways. 4 For there is not a word on my tongue, but, behold, Yahweh, you know it altogether. 5 You hem me in behind and before. You laid your hand on me. 6 This knowledge is beyond me. It’s lofty. I can’t attain it. 


Sunday

Go to church. This is one of the primary places where Heaven and Earth interact. 

Until next time,
Avante!







No comments:

Post a Comment