Monday 16 May 2016

YOU DESERVE THE GLORY: WHICH VERSION?






I'm busy working on a new course for the ministry that my husband and I work in (King's Cross Training). The course is called Building Stones. It will build upon our essential truths course, Foundation Stones, and will help believers to explore 7 practises to keep their connection with God fresh and relevant.

I've often been accused of being a 'mystic' because of my passionate advocacy for the spiritual disciplines or the exercise of intentional spiritual formation - which really amounts to nothing more than time spent mindfully with God, and a life lived in dependence upon Him. I take that as a compliment because in my opinion, what was the point of being restored to God through Christ, if not to now live in joyful dependence upon Him?

I love this quote from Mark Scandrette, "all of us must find those disciplines and practices, those rhythms and patterns in our life, through which we are able to walk the path towards what Dorothy Day described as "the long loneliness" of obedience." Can you relate to the concept of a "long loneliness" of obedience?

I'll be creating resources to go along with the Building Stones course, like Quiet Time playlists. I know this is an old-fashioned song but I really want it on my playlist. Which version of the old favourite You Deserve the Glory should I use on my playlist? Take a listen and let me know.

Here it is being performed by the woman who wrote the song, Juanita Bynum


Now here is Terry McAlmon's version


And finally, here's a version that I really love. Its performed by a South Indian worship team comprising Immanuel Paul Perli, Samy Pachigalla and Stephan George, so they sing it in English and then two South Indian languages.


Maybe you've come across a better version that you think I should use. If so, let me know. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Couln't play number 2, but love no. 3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know why you couldn't listen to No 2 Ginny, I've checked it and its playing fine my side. Anyway, I agree with you..I just LOVE No 3

      Delete