Tuesday 2 May 2017

adventure # 13: varieties of angels

Hello dear friends and fellow adventurers

When I began editing my angel video, the one about my personal encounters with angels, I realised that it was far too long for just one video - so I split it into two parts. Last week I uploaded Part 1 and this week is Part 2. This week's video therefore has a rather abrupt introduction, or should I say, no introduction at all! So please excuse me for that.



So here are my suggestions for how we can immerse ourselves in the topic of angels this week.

Monday

Watch the video. Here it is for your convenience.

Video

Tuesday

Read and meditate upon the following Scripture. 
Exodus 23:20
“See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared.” -Exodus 23:20
It is here that the Lord promises the Israelites that they would be guided and kept in their way through the wilderness to the Promised Land of Canaan. This was no ordinary angel either. This was the Angel of the Lord, an Old Testament manifestation of Christ Himself. In verse 21, the Lord declares, “My Name Is In Him”. This promise was connected with the rule that they the Israelites must be obedient to the angel God sent before them.

Wednesday


Hebrews 1:14
“Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?”-Hebrews 1:14
Angels are sent by God to protect us and help us inherit His full kingdom. The Bible tells us that angels are His servants, carrying out His will and work for our good. We know from this verse from Hebrews that angels are ministering spirits, sent to serve those who are going to receive salvation. By definition, salivation is deliverance from sin and its consequences brought about by faith in Jesus Christ. Angels ultimately assist in our deliverance from sin, or eternal death. The gift of God is eternal life.

Thursday


Angels in human form?
Angels often take human form. This happens throughout the Scriptures, one of the most famous stories being that of the three strangers who visited Abraham and Sarah, to predict the birth of their son and to let Abraham know that they were traveling on to Sodom and would possibly have to destroy the city for its wickedness.
In contemporary accounts of angelic assistance, it’s quite common for someone to meet another “person” who helps them in some extraordinary way and then simply disappears. For evidence of this type, read the books or visit the web site of Joan Wester Anderson, who has made a career out of tracking and collecting people’s stories of angelic encounter.
Occasionally, an angel takes the form of an animal. According to standard Christian, Jewish, and Muslim belief, an angel can take any form it wishes, but often this spiritual helper will come to us looking and acting like another human being. The reason for this is obvious; I won’t run from an ordinary-looking person who is trying to help me, but I might run if some spiritual presence approaches me, because it’s difficult to understand what’s happening with a spiritual presence. I may think it’s a ghost, or even something evil. If it’s a balding man wearing a Chicago Bulls sweatshirt and who is pleasant and helpful, I’m much more likely to accept the help.

Friday


If you're really interested in the subject of angels you might want to download this book by Joan Wester Anderson, a Catholic believer who has made the study of angels something of a speciality. I haven't actually read the whole book myself yet..I've only glance through it. I think I'll read it this week and we can share notes later. 

Saturday

Continue reading Where Angels Walk

Sunday


Go to church. Ask God to make you aware of angelic activity during the service. 

Until next time,
Avante

No comments:

Post a Comment