Sunday 26 March 2017

adventure #8: the Jesus I met pt 1

Hello dearest friends and fellow adventurers! Today I'm starting a series of 3 videos and blogposts that will bring you fresh revelation and understanding about what the Bible says about the person and role of Jesus. You could say that it is this series, The Jesus I Met, that I had in mind from the beginning when I first decided to create Explore Your Story because, for me, the most exciting part of my story is the revelation I received concerning Jesus.


So here's how I suggest we explore this week's topic together. 

Monday

This week we're going to reverse the order in which we usually do things. I'd like you to reread the relevant sections of my book first, Brighter Than The Noonday Sun before watching the video, if that's possible. They are Chapters 4 and 5. You'll immediately see as you reread them why I have felt compelled for many years to create something that expands on my book, that goes deeper and explains further. I wrote the book in two weeks, almost like a semi-poetic stream of consciousness memory but I've always wanted to give more detail. 


Tuesday

Now you can watch the video. It will give you far greater detail about what I outlined in the chapters you read yesterday. Here it is for your convenience. 



Wednesday

There are tons of Scriptures that all say the same thing: Jesus is the way to God. Here are just two of them and what I want us to do today is meditate on these Scriptures, in the light of what I've shared with you on the video, until we are deeply convinced and convicted that it is the truth. 

John 14:6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way..... No one comes to the Father except through me.

Acts 4:12 And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved


Thursday

Here are another Scripture that I want us to read and meditate upon today. 

Matthew 10:32-33 So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven, but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.

Can you see in this verse the key role that Jesus plays in who does or doesn't gain entrance to heaven and to God? He said in John 10: 9 that he is the door..now he may not be an actual, inanimate wooden or metal door..but only through Jesus can human beings gain entrance to heaven. 

Friday

Not only is Jesus the only way to the Father and into heaven, but he is a guarantee for anyone who puts his or her trust in him. He will ensure that you get there. Spend time today listening to this song by Kari Jobe. 


Saturday

Today I just want us to enjoy our weekend BUT pray and ask God to give you an opportunity in amongst all that enjoyment to share with just one other person that Jesus is the way to God. You don't have to convince them necessarily, just share with them that this is what you believe to be true. 

Sunday

Go to church. Its a public acknowledgement of Jesus. 

I hope you enjoy our adventure this week. We would love to hear your story of how you met Jesus, so please share with us either in the Comments below this blogpost, or in the Comments below the video on the YouTube channel..or on the Facebook page. It occurs to me that I often mention meditating on Scripture and perhaps you don't know how to do that. Perhaps I will produce a short video that explains the way I meditate on Scripture. Let me know if you'd like me to do that. 

Until next time...avante! 

No comments:

Post a Comment