Sunday 5 February 2017

Adventure #1

In this week, I did two things that I haven't done for ages - I fasted, and I spent a whole morning just worshipping the Lord and praying in tongues. The fast happened because our church called for a time of corporate fasting. I don't know why (well, I do know why, it's called apathy) but I haven't fasted for quite a few years now so, I'm not going to lie, I found it tough going. But then..suddenly..two days later, I found myself doing something else I haven't done for ages and that is, spending an entire Saturday morning just worshipping the Lord and praying in tongues. And out of that time came a lot of stuff to share with you guys as well as some private ministry from the Lord.

So, you tell me..coincidence? I don't think so.


Dear adventurers, it's exciting to think that in merely drawing near to God, we end up activating very real encounters - but I'm also aware of your busy schedules so I don't want to load you with too much. I'll leave it to you to decide what you can manage from my suggestions below for this week. For those of you who are actually registered on the Explore Your Story adventure, you'll also receive this list in an email so you don't have to keep coming back here every day.

Monday


Watch the first of our Explore Your Story videos. Here it is for your convenience. Don't forget to comment and share your experiences either under this blogpost or on the youtube channel.



Tuesday

Pray in tongues for 5 minutes. If you don't pray in tongues, you never have before, you're scared of it, you're not sure if its Biblical or for today..or whatever, just let me know and we can chat further about it. 

Wednesday

In the video I make mention of the time I 'flew' over Table Mountain in a panel-van. I don't want to get too much into this right now because I am going to do a whole video on translocation but in the meantime, check these Scriptures out and have a little think about them:

“… and immediately the boat was at the land to which they went” (John 6:21)
“…. the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more…… but Philip was found at Azotus; and, passing through , he preached in all the cities….” (Acts 8:39-40)

Thursday

In the video I also mention that I would love it if you all wrote your stories down and we could publish them together. I know of at least one of you who is doing that already. How about you? It doesn't have to be your whole life story..it can even be just one story of a time when you really experienced God as real in your life or the story of how you came to be a believer. Let me know if you're up for this. 

Friday

Pray in tongues for 10 minutes. 

Saturday

Close your windows, curtains and doors and worship like nobody's watching - 'cos nobody is, except the angels and the Father and Jesus and the Spirit and, who knows, some other spiritual beings that might be hanging around (not that they'll hang around very long once you start worshipping of course!) hmmmm that's quite a lot actually. Here are some of my suggestions for worship music I love:

https://youtu.be/r7p09AgfvQw (if you got saved in the 80's, this music will especially take you straight to the Throne Room)


https://youtu.be/aQEgS5_3nac (if you got saved in the 90's, this will especially release your heart)


https://youtu.be/huFra1mnIVE (talk about dynamite coming in small packages, this is one of the best live worship experiences EVER - and BTW, how gorgeous is her makeup?)


Sunday

Go to church. Even if they don't practice flying over Table Mountain there. Go to church. 

So, that's it for this week. Until next time. Avante. 








6 comments:

  1. Well here we go! week two!
    Thanks Gill loved it - made myself a cup of tea and had a great few minutes with you in my study - feeling your excitement and just sipping (my tea) and every word you are speaking, pondering on some thoughts..... what more can I say - looking forward to this week.

    love the idea of some of our stories.... combined in a book! yeeeeah! thanks for the advice on the writing of my own!

    Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gill, what an exciting and encouraging introduction. I am stirred up and expectant already just reflecting on what a privilege it actually is to live by faith, do good works and make a difference because we only have this short lifetime here on earth to make the most of these opportunities. And there has been such a longing and an aching in my heart for so long to abandon the striving and just to enjoy and be free in my relationship with God, simply like a child knowing that I know that I know that my Father loves me. Looking forward to reigniting that first love and hungering after the more of Jesus...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely comment, it makes me so happy to hear that. Definitely, I think we are looking forward to that. Blessings

      Delete
  3. Hi Gill. Reading your book has done exactly that: bring some very real memories and rememberance of my first love: How God also pursued me as a very young child and how I was led by the HS at age 4 to give my life to the Father and ask Jesus to be the King of my heart. I too know I have experienced heaven many times, mostly in dreams, and have been feeling the cold creep into my heart the past few years, and yearning to experience some Burts of life in my journey with God again. Bless you my friend, I am touched and privileged by this adventure at this point in time! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Adelle, I'm so touched by your story. Thanks for sharing. It seems like we are all being led by the Lord, even now, in being on this adventure. Praise the Lord.

      Delete